Saturday 1 September 2007

Overdue Update

Okay, I've been way, way, overdue for an update. In life, I've reorganised my time schedule, so I'm not quite so tired, joy of joys. I'm loving my classes. One of my lecturers is showing a remarkable tendency towards getting distracted. This is good, as it means we aren't getting through much stuff in class, and he's only going to write the exam to include the stuff we've done in class. Therefore, our exam doesn't look to be very long, so far. Life is treating me well, and wedding plans progress.

In my world of knitting, the off-white lace stole is complete. And I've just discovered that I haven't actually taken any photos of it finished with my phone. It's much easier to put the photos on my laptop with my phone than it is with my actual digital camera. I did take a couple of photos during the blocking process with the camera, but I can't find the thing I need to transfer the photos over.

But typically, the cat saw some nice knitting being laid out on the bed and took his chance. He curled up on it while my sister and I were still putting the blocking wires in. For some reason, I objected to this. Partially due to the fact that he was lying in the middle, and I wasn't yet half-way down the side, and partially because ... it was my pure silk lace stole! Not a cat bed!

I'll upload some photos of the finished stole later, along with photos of my current project, another stole from VLT.

Have fun!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Hi there--responding to your question on my blog, we weren't actually brave enough to chance an outdoor wedding, BUT we found an hotel with a rose garden. That way, if it rained everything was still at the same place & we would just move everything indoors. We wanted our wedding to be special but not stressful, so we avoided anything that would cause stress--we had silk flowers, I had my bridesmaids all pick their own dresses (all I said was long & black) and we just always kept the big picture in mind--we were going to be surrounded by all the people we loved & we would be married. That helped a LOT. It did not, unfortunately, stop my mother from being hideous, but there isn't much that could stop that. :)