Sunday 21 August 2011

More Knitting!

Well, I have certainly been knitting a fair bit. I have finished my lace shawl for the Easter Show next year! Yay! I will not be posting a photo of that, though. Not until after the Show, at least. This is due to the fuss that cropped up last year about "you never know who might be a judge! And if they see it, it might cause bias! Waaaah!" issue. I can't be bothered causing panic, it's not yet blocked, and I'd prefer to keep it close to home until March next year.

I have yet to find some good silk yarn to do my next shawl in, though. I'd like to do it in a lovely silk laceweight, but the best place I've found for that in Virginia Farm - and some of my knitting friends have mentioned the words "take" and "me" when I've spoken about it. So I'm thinking maybe next Saturday for that, but in the meantime...?

I've been doing hexes. Not the witchcraft variety (although that might be fun ;-) ), but I'm now working on The Beekeepers Quilt and it's going quite nicely. I just got some more yarn for it, although it is supposed to be made of sock yarn left-overs. I have all this yarn for the hexapuffs now:




Actually, on the subject of more yarn, I also got some to make myself another pair of gloves. I made this pair...


but I have discovered something. This yarn would make good socks, but not so good with gloves. My delicate skin finds it a wee bit prickly on my hands, thus leading to uncomfy gloves. So I got some yarn to make more!

Two balls of this, in fact :-D


And a ball of this:


for the trim (not shown in photo), and maybe for the over-gloves. But then again, it doesn't quite get cold enough around here for over-gloves. So those are still an option only, rather than a necessity.

Now... continuing the knitting... ;-)

1 comment:

Toni said...

Oh, I love the beekeepers quilt! I haven't made it, and am seriously trying to just be happy everyone ELSE is making it as that is a lot of knitting in fingering yarn, but I will definitely be excited to see how yours turns out!